Broken TR6 bonnet hinge bolts

To: "Andrew Dixon" <adixon@loudoun.com>
Subject: Broken TR6 bonnet hinge bolts
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 22:22:45 -0400
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Andy and Jeff,

        The reason you broke one bolt on each bonnet hinge *may* be that
you might not have realized that one bolt is short, and goes into a captive
nut, but the other one is long and passes through the front fender/wing and
has a nut on the end of it. If you didn't loosen the nut first, you
probably snapped the long bolt. Before you go drilling anything out, remove
the headlight bucket. I'll bet you find the other end of your bolt there,
still held by the offending nut! If not, forgive me for assuming a mistake
you didn't make...

        Jeff, I found the bonnet hinges but lost your address. E-mail if
you still need one. Sorry to bomb.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L