Air filter for Stag-Rover v8

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air filter for Stag-Rover v8
From: Hector Agostini <agostinihp@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 00:28:33 -0700
Hi Folks,
        I just bought a 72 Stag.  The original engine was replaced with
a Rover V8 years ago by a previous owner.  The engine has a rather
filthy and worn out air filter.
Can anyone direct me to a source for an air filter?  The present filter
is perfectly round, 1 1/2 inches deep, five inches across in diameter
on the inside and 6 inches diameter on the out side.  The carb, and I am
not sure what type it is, sits on the center top of the engine, with
lettle clearance for the hood (bonnet).
        Also, does anyone have any suggestions on things to look out for
on this engine?
        Thanks in advance               Hector