crash!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: crash!
From: Amy Jo Black & Tony Zager <amyjo@tranquility.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 09:52:58 -0500
Listers,

        Yesterday morning on the way to work, I was hit.  I was driving the Mk
3 Spit,
and this @#%$$## woman made a left turn into Burger King right in front of me.
I skidded 11 feet and came to a stop somewhere in the vicinity of her rear
quarter
panel.  There is no frame damage I can see, but the bonnet and the bumper are
pretty crunched.

        Now for the question.  The accident was her fault.  She got a summons,
I did not.
She, of course, is trying to say that it was somehow how my fault.  The
question
is, will her insurance company pay for replacement panels, or just decide that
it's
cheaper to total out my car?  The car already needed a paint job, and to the
non-Triumph layman, doesn't look to be anything spectacular.  If they want to
total the thing out, is there any way to fight that?  Am I just screwed?  Has
anyone been in this situation before?

TIA,

Tony Zager
1969 Spitfire Mk 3, with unitentional body modifications