clutch preferences

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: clutch preferences
From: Dana & Jane Du Fresne <pumacon@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 11:30:36 -0400
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this list, my name is Dana and I have a '72 Saffron (school
bus) yellow TR6  CC83547U.  Great car....BAD CLUTCH!!  I pulled the
transmission and clutch yesterday and found lots of worn out parts to
replace including the pressure plate.

I'll probably purchase one of those 3-1 kits from VB or Moss, but I was
wondering if anyone had any preferences to the Borg Beck or LUK clutch
(VB sez the LUK will also fit).

Original equipment was a Borg (which is what came out), but the LUK is
more expensive. Does anyone know if IN THIS CASE does 'more expensive'
translate to 'better' (longer lasting, better quality, less liklyhood of
binding????).

I'm getting real good at taking this clutch out/apart and would like to
make this the LAST TIME!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Dana