TR3 windshield replacement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 windshield replacement
From: drew@pixar.com (Drew Rogge)
Date: Sat, 16 May 98 18:44 PDT

Hi All,

Due to circumstances I'd rather not go into because I already feel like a
big enough fool, I need to replace the windshield in my TR3A. I'm thinking
about doing the work myself and going with the "original-equipment Triplex
brand, with trademark, clear glass" windshield from The Roadster Factory.
They list cheaper windshields but I'd kind of like to keep things as
original as I can.

Does anyone have any opinions one way or the other regarding this wind-
shield? Any ideas how it might compare to the one from Moss?

I'm also looking for any tips or advise on how to go about installing the
new glass. I would probably be better off having a professional do the
replacement, but the reason I want to do it myself is because I don't know
what glass a shop might use and from other discussions I've seen here
on the list, if I supply the glass and the shop breaks it then they won't
replace it. Don't know if this is correct or not.

Well anyway, the job doesn't look too hard and doing the work on the car
myself was one of the reasons I wanted a car to play with.

Thanks for any info,
Drew
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com