[TR6] Check the fill plug before draining, stupid!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [TR6] Check the fill plug before draining, stupid!
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 14:12:24 -0400
Went home for lunch today. I'm in the middle of switching over to a
stainless exhaust, so the TR6 is up on stands.  Had a few extra minutes,
and decided that since the car's up in the air anyway, it might be a good
time to change the gear oil.

You guessed it:  Soon as I took the drain plug off, I thought "Hmmm...
wonder how hard that filler plug is to get off..."

Time to stop off at the HW store on the way home and get a proper 8-point
socket.  Anyone know right off what the correct size is, assuming I have a
stock plug?

Also, am I correct in assuming there's no drain plug for the differential?
Do I drain it by loosening something else? (Forgive my asking such a basic
question -- don't have a manual yet.  And yes, I promise to check the diff.
fill plug before draining.)
---
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com
74 TR6          Gaithersburg, MD