Re: Furflex trim<01bd7def$d520e340$4d4f460c@default>

To: Daniel Elder <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Furflex trim<01bd7def$d520e340$4d4f460c@default>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:15:20 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

>When I bought my MkI Spit 12 years ago it had a woven cloth covered door
>seal / trim. I assumed that it had been replaced with the incorrect item (it
>was however very old and worn). I have since bought a one owner Herald 1200
>and a Sports 6 that had been stored for 18 years and both have the same trim
>as my Spit had. It has a woven cloth in the place where the "fur" would be
>on furflex. With three original old cars all having this trim I feel sure
>that at least some of the "narrow chassis" Herald based cars where fitted
>with this cloth covered trim instead of furflex.
>Dan Elder

As far as I know all Heralds had this type of trim and NOT the furflex that
later Spitfires had.  Alot of old English cars(I say English as I can't think
of many, other than Gilbern and a few Hillmans that can be called British! :-))
used this type of trim including Morris Minors and Austins of the period(the
50's and 60's), I think furflex was a 70's thing!!! a bit like flared trousers
and platform shoes!!!! :-)

Rich
England.