Permeability of Free Paint

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Permeability of Free Paint
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 19:29:05 -0700 (PDT)

OK, here's one that will get me in hot water:

I've finally started to weld up the body shell.  Upside down welds are no
fun!  I'm going to chop the body through the top and get them proper...

So when I finally finish I'd like to cover the metal with *something*

...and I've got a lot of Testors model paint kicking around...  even in
the metallic green that the car already is.  Not exact but enough to blend
the scars.

Anyone know if Testors enamel will keep rust at bay?  I intend on painting
everything unseen (and whatever requires bondo) with Galvacon, or a
similar zinc-rich paint; so what I really need is a topcoat that won't let
moisture through.  I think I should be able to apply it via airbrush, once
the compressor finally comes home.

Because the car went through a pro-body-shop beforehand I don't need to
mess with much of the finish; all the rust is hiding in pockets and
corners that get covered up.  So I'm not worried about color; cost and
feasibility are what kill me.

-Malcolm