Hydraulic clutch tube upgrade

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hydraulic clutch tube upgrade
From: rick <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 22:24:57 -0500
Just thought I'd share this with you fellow listers.

After a brief run in the TR6, the original nylon clutch tubing running from
the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder bursted, spraying my
freshly painted car with DOT 3! I was not amused. I couldnt bring myself to
replacing the tubing with the same offending material . Sooooo: I used a
new rear brake hose (from an early Jeep) to replace the nylon tubing. With
a lenght of bubble flared steel brake tubing on one end (for the slave) and
another with double flare for the clutch master. The result is a very clean
and safe installation with good, firm pedal action.

greetings!
rick
72 TR6