Re: TRx caged nuts alternatives?

To: <JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TRx caged nuts alternatives?
From: "Ed Woods" <fogbros@nb.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:38:20 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
James,

I bought new cages and nuts from TRF and replaced all the broken ones on my
TR3. Very simple. I installed all body panels with stainless bolts and
washers, using anti seize compound wherever these captive nuts were located.
Don't weld the nuts to the body, you'll need the "slop" offered by the caged
nuts when adjusting the body panels during reassembly. Tip: when welding the
new cage to the body, use a long bolt and secure the cage to the body with a
second, temporary,  nut on the outside of the cage.  This method holds the
cage tight against the body during welding and leaves both your hands free.
Remove second nut and the long bolt after welding or brazing. Neat and
original.

Ed Woods