Re: TR250 Bonnets

To: 74137.3420@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: TR250 Bonnets
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:01:54 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

Aha! The TR250 bonnet stripe caper...

There's a guy in New England Triumphs that made a pattern that he gives to
a local shop that can laser cut a dry transfer set of stripes for you, if
you wish. I think the cost is around $100 quantity one.

In short, he made a pattern using Illustrator and outputs it as a
Postscript file. He then gives that to the service bureau and they "print
it" to 3M Spectra Strip (I think that's a the TM, if not, I'm sorry), but
it's very straight forward.

After that, you can install it yourself (if you are adventurous) or you can
pay a body shop to put the stripe on for $50 or so.

Now, I won't promise anything, but if this sounds interesting to anyone out
there, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

Regards,
rml
Bob Lang
TR6's