Re: Welding on Gas Tank-WARNING!

To: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Welding on Gas Tank-WARNING!
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 07:47:37 +0000
Cc: brad kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
I seem to remember that you can make MIG welders work under water, you
put somthing over the tip so that the gas pocket formed is held there,
and so displace the water, there for you can weld the tank in your local
swiming pool :-) or in the river.  I would not do it anywhere that the
water is earthed, and I would make sure that you are ether compleatly in
the water, or in rubber boots, and only one hand in the water.

It is a good method of stopping expolsions, and it also cools the weld
down quickly.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot