Re: Transport needed/offered

To: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Transport needed/offered
From: "Dr. Robert Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 15:32:41 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> I've heard some very nasty horror stories about
> > trying to get into/out of Canada and/or the States with cars on
> trailers.
> > One gentleman from the NE Stag Club tried to trailer his Stag up to
> > Canada for a show last year and ran into some nasty Canucks at the
> > boarder. He never did get there.

Yes, you really have to watch those nasty Canucks!  The late John Candy,
Martin Short, Eugene Levy, Howie Mandel, etc,etc. :-)

Actually, and unfortunately, the border problem is both ways these days.  We
in Canada are hearing of more incidents similar to what you mentioned, only
in relation to us going into the States.  I guess it happens both ways,
which tends to spoil many an outing to a legitimate car event/business
trip/holiday on either side of the border.

Let's hope the border crossing situation can get back to normal.

Robert Carley
Ontario, Canada.