Re: TR4A / Not technical, long

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4A / Not technical, long
From: Jon Arikstad <jon@nextel.no>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 11:11:33 +0200 (MET DST)

I forgot to mention that 'my' car is NOT on the road. Engine + interior
out.
New sills, floorpans + +  + needed, some parts bought, some not.
Ca 100(?) Kg filler removed,
(Quite impressing how much space a 'small' TR4A takes up, at this stage)

I am writing  'my' car. I was offered a 70' MGB GT and this TR4A. I
liked the tr4A better, but, with all the rust, and since I cannot do the
welding/paintjob myself, I will probably go for the GT. I am ca 194 cm,
with a long back. The GT is one of the few LBC(here little) I fit
in. Th TR4 is a little lower, the GT is better. ( very good, actually)

The GT is in 'very good' condition. Not concours, but:
Rust taken care of + 'waxoiled' . Lead-free conversion, much new interior
+ new rubber all over. 'New' OD-gearbox. Ready for driving.

Engine is OK now, but a V8 conversion in the future , hm......

So i will switch to the MGB list. (may read this list, thou)
PS
Still looking for the windshield frame for the TR4A, for the new/old owner
of the TR4A, in Norway/Scandinavia

Jon Arikstad
1967 TR4A ( never)
1970 MGB GT with (norwegian) MOT