Lubricants for brake systems

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Lubricants for brake systems
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 18:20:45 -0400
Greetings, listers!

According to my Bently TR-3 manual, the lubricants to use in brake systems
are:

        Girling red grease #3, for packing into anything where it is in contact
with    rubber parts

        Girling white grease, for all brake mechanicals

The big 3 don't seem to have lubricants in their catalogs.  Therefore I
called TRF today.  They have small tubes of the red grease, but for brake
mechanicals, they stock BLUE grease, not white.  Is somebody color blind
here?  Can someone give me further info?  Why the color change?

What specifically, in TR-3 rear brakes, do I lubricate with the red stuff
(in contact with rubber parts) ?

Thanks in advance!

Sumner Weisman
62 TR-3B