Re: assundry bits continued

To: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: assundry bits continued
From: "the jolly rancher..." <njaremka@eng.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 01:01:21 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 7 May 1998, larry hooven wrote:

> got some of the assundry bit's i mentioned earlier today for my 79
> spit penny, will put them on tomorrow....i took a day off under the
> pretense of "if you don't give it to me, i'm going postal"  (apologies
> to any postal workers who inhabit the list, but lets face it you have
> a bad rap)...  in the change of the guard on the front end, i took the
> time to clean some more oil/mouse stuff/ marmot leavings (sorry james
> couldn't resist) off of the front fram members, 1 for cleaning and 2
> to see what color it was....
>
> questionis:
>
> 1...the frame appears to be the same color as the body, is this
> accurate, i assume (bad word i know) that this is the original
> condition of the car....frame painted the same color as the body....if
> so i will paint the frame the same color as the car is going to be
> when i get done.

yes it was original for the frame to be painted the same color as the
body.  i've seen and read in many books, magazines (can't remember which)
that many people paint thier frames black because they didn't think that's
the way it was.  i can vouch for my own car when i say that her frame is
painted the same as the body.  and i know it's original because any where
it's hard for someone to paint is the same as the rest of the body.  also,
the commision plate has the factory color stamp matching the color of the
car (17-damson).  i think it would be easier to paint the framae the asme
as the rest of the car anyway.

> 2....hmmmmm.....don't really know, cept that marmot stew is mighty tasty

does it taste like chicken?

> ==
> larry, 1979 spitfire fm99248u awaiting more bits and pieces...
>
> on the web at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311  _NEW AND
>IMPROVED_ FASTER PICCYS
>
> No Plan Ever Survives The First Contact Intact.

nik jaremka

'72 spitfire IV

just drive it...