Spitfire rear window repair

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire rear window repair
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 17:02:58 +0100
> Mine is foggy....ever doit yoursel? f..the fabric store wants 100.00
> to replace all three plastic windows in the top....SPitfire 1979>

It may have reached the stage where new panels are the only way out.
However, if its just gone a bit 'milky' you could try good old fashioned
chrome cleaner. Don't know what it looks like in the US but ours was/is a
sort
of light orange in colour and had, among other elements, a small amount of
powdered coral in it. Obviously, its abrasive and should be applied
carefully with
a rotating motion in small areas. Wash the plastic first with warm soapy
water, rinse
with fresh and dry off before applying the cleaner itself. I used to find
this was quite a good method of
getting crud and traffic film out of old plastic. Its not a miracle
treatment but it does make a
difference. Try it before you spend $100 but it depends how bad the
existing discolouration
is at the moment.

John Macartney