Re: Project TR6

To: Ian Clough <ian.clough@entrust.com>
Subject: Re: Project TR6
From: "Van S. Griffin" <van@nucmar.physics.fsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:20:16 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "'triumph'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Ian Clough wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
>       I need advice on how much to sell my project TR6 (74), keep in mind
> that it's a bit too nice to be a parts car.  Here the present condition:
>
> - Engine needs valve guides
> - Frame needs trailing arm work
> - Needs sills
> - Needs a bit of B-post work
> - Needs new floors
> - Needs two rear fenders
> - Needs paint job
> - Interior needs carpets
>
> At the moment the car is resting on jack stands and the tub is ready for
> removal.
> We have a six-month old son in the house and since I already have a running
> '75 TR6 my time is now a precious commodity and the first priority is to my
> son.  I thought someone else may get some fun out of restoring this car, but
> I could always leave it as is to resume work a few years from now.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian Clough
> Ottawa
> '74 & '75 Tr6's

Ian,
        I have an 18 monther and one coming in septmeber, this post seems
to familiar.  I've asked 1,500 initally and received no response.  I've
asked for 1,000 and recieved a "if I only hadn't moved out of state"
response.  I received an offer from JK Jackson here in town for $300 but
I'm certain he was thinking what his resale margin could be and that price
could probably be had, if the right person inquires, with just the wheels,
glass, luggage rack, windshield wiper motor and bumper being parted out.
I imagine, being in Florida, we wont be much competition for each other.
Goodluck, Van