Re: Tales of the jumping gas nozzle

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tales of the jumping gas nozzle
From: "Jane Burdekin" <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 05:01:49 -0600

> >Charles,
>
> >        The same thing happpned to me at an Amoco Station in New Jersey
where
> >        self-service is illegal. They took full responsibility and got
the
> >        check within weeks. Of course, this is not a money-maker, but
rather
> >        a large inconvenience. So, I always stay near the trunk when
fueling.

> Why is something so simple illegal??
>
> Rich

Could be something as crazy as the woman who came running out of the conoco
station the other day to tell me my son could not run the gas pump until he
is 16 (he's 14).  It's a national conoco rule because some kid got burned
when he was pumping gas.  I couldn't get much info from the woman only that
I would have to pump my own gas.  Won't be going to conoco with the kids
any more.  I like it when they pump the gas for me.  Ya never know.

Jane
'67 GT6