Re: Sluggish Spit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sluggish Spit
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 03:15:57 GMT
"Diesel" Jackson writes...

>Aft'noon all,
>Just gave the Spitty a once over this weekend, as it's feels so tired it
>accelerates like it's a diesel(Poor old Tom, I know how you feel now!:-))

Ouch!  And we never established that I was "old".  It's only a rumor.
:-)

>Anyway I did a compression check and got a 145psi over all 4 cylinders!!!
>Pretty good I thought for an engine that's done 80,000 miles in the last 4
>years, 90% of which have been thrashed!! :-) I checked everything else except
>for the timing which appears to be OK, any ideas what could?

Your clutch is gone!  Just kidding.  I dunno...how do the plugs look?
That might tell you if the engine is starving for fuel <diesel>.
I'm not much of an expert on the actual running problems associated
with these little beasts.  Mine has always run as it should, like
yours does now. <g>

>  I'm fed up with being outrun by Securicor Diesel transit vans in 3rd gear!!
>:-(

Yes...but I'll bet they don't take you lightly, eh? :-)

>ps, for anyone whose interested, there is are a few updates on my friends web
>page relating to my crop of daily nails, errrm vehicles!!!  You can see my old
>Herald on it now!!! :-)
>http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~timr/triumphs.htm

Will check this straight away.

>Rich
>ps, is there anyone else except for Pat going to Le Mans this year?

Only if you finance my passage.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
'74, '77 Spits