RE: GB License plate

To: "'jonmac'" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: RE: GB License plate
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 11:18:17 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I was cleaning up the GB plate over the weekend.  Now I'm not sure.  It
looks like it might be J 01585.  The spacing is between the J and the 0
or O.  The next character could be an I or a 1; there is no seriph on
it, just a vertical line.   Is it a GB plate?  It measures 5 1/8" x 17
1/4".  The outer frame is1/4" and the lettering is 5/8" wide.  The
background is painted black with clear metal lettering.  It has two
mounting holes at top that fit American plates and two other holes
centered 11" apart.

Thanks.
Carl