Re: TR3 master cylinders

To: Terrece Begley <tbegley@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 master cylinders
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 10:25:04 -0400 ()
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 5 May 1998, Terrece Begley wrote:

> Sorry for being so ambiguous regarding my question. What I meant to ask
> was: When did Standard start installing twin seperate master cylinders
> (the 'L' shaped ones)?

Your question wasn't any worse than my reply. :-) It was circa 1956, with
the advent of the Girling braking system. What I tried to say not so well
before was that the previous Lockheed all-drum braking system utilized a
"combination" brake and clutch master cylinder unit -- two distinct
systems sharing a common casting and reservoir (not to be confused with
the remote reservoir of the twin Girling cylinders).

--Andy