Re: TR4A sway bars installation information

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4A sway bars installation information
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 22:19:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 4 May 1998, The Browns wrote:

> I'm planning to add sway (stabilizer) bars (front and rear) to my TR4A
> solid (rigid) rear axle.  If anyone is familiar with this installation,
> I would appreciate your input.  What did manufacturer, Vendor, bar
> diameter, P/N, etc. would be helpful?  Since these bars were not
> installed originally, nor offered as options by Triumph, I assume those
> who have added them have adopted bars from other models of the TR
> series.

There was an optional front bar for the TR4 (Triumph part number 510584),
and I'm pretty sure it was available for the 4A as well. My TR4 has one,
and it handles better with than without. However I don't recommend it for
a daily driver because the mounting brackets hang fairly low under the car
and are easily damaged

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO
fold@bcpl.net