Frustrating Brakes (UK)

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Frustrating Brakes (UK)
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 17:00:59 +0100
Greetings.

You may recall that I was prawning around with the brakes on my PI Saloon.

Started off by fitting a new (old Stock) master. It leaked at the secondary
(end) seal after a few days.

Re-rubbered the good original master. It lasted four weeks, then it started
leaking back into the reservoir, causing the pedal to sink to the floor. The
aftermarket seals were very hard and the servo to cylinder seal wouldn't
hold vacuum at all.

As a temporary measure, fitted the master from the spares car, which had
lain comatose in a farmyard for 9 years. Now, it will lock all four wheels
just like Villeneuve's Williams (albeit not from the same speed).

Having replaced all the braking gear below decks, I booked the car in for
it's MOT test. The bloody thing failed-offside handbrake inoperable.

There's no justice.

Dave Hill.