RE: Embarrassed to show drivers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Embarrassed to show drivers
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 9:35:45 EDT
Scott wrote:
>There's a local show going on at Chateau Elan here in Georgia on May 23rd.
>Even though the GT6 is, well, somewhat less than perfect, I'll be there with
>bells on.  It's not the condition of the car, it's the people that really
>matter!  You can pick up an incredible amount of info, and nobody who has
>ever restored an LBC is going to frown on your 'beater'.  And if they do,
>who cares anyway?

I Agree!  This is the only place where I've ever "shown" my car, and have
done so there three times.  My TR6 is a nice driver, but definately not
what I consider to be show grade.  But folks stop by and chat, and
I've never heard anyone be critical of a "work in progress" car.  This
show has a very wide range of cars, almost all driven to the show (they
require cars to drive to the show area under their own power, but a
few arrive on the show grounds via trailer).  Most have better paint
jobs on the chassis or engine than my car has on the body, but it's
still great fun.

And there's another advantage to showing your car.  One of the years
I arrived late, planned to leave early, and had no intention of putting
my car in the show area.  But the general parking area was full, and
I was going to have to park a loooong ways away.  But an entry fee
got me a great parking space right up in the middle of things!  And
I had lots of fun!

I'll probably be there this year -- look for the team.net British
Cars logo on either the seat or under the windshield wiper.

Joe Flake
'72 TR-6
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com