Re[2]: Dumbest shop assistant

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "J.Daley" <jjdd@umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re[2]: Dumbest shop assistant
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 13:00:42 +0100
     A few years ago I visited (in the course of my job) the leading UK
     aftermarket supplier of control cables.  During the factory tour the
     chap told me if I needed any spares for the Spitfire he would be happy
     to supply me some FOC 'samples'.  I jokingly told him that a new
     clutch cable would be very useful.  The conversation quickly
     progressed and I forgot all about it until a week later he called me
     to say that he had searched all of his catalogues but could not find
     the dimensions for the clutch cable.  After a short pause I told him
     it was my little joke, which strangly he did not find funny.  My
     company did however source several million £££ worth of OE business
     with them for cables though.

     Pat

_______