Herald Rear Overrider Spacer

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Herald Rear Overrider Spacer
From: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 02:01:45 -0400
It's HOME!!! GA41328LCV is safely in my garage, under a nice new car
cover so the _very_ expensive paint job doesn't get trashed by critter
claws (my garage door and my driveway make about a 5 degree angle, so
the lower left corner of the door sits up a few inches. Thought about
making a neon sign saying "Critters' Entrance")

My question concerns the rear bumper overriders. Mine are new. The upper
captive nut is recessed a bit compared with the original overriders.
There's a spacer to set the distance between the top captive nut and the
body sheet metal. I've lost my original spacers, somewhere between here
and the restoration shop. They would be no good anyway since, as noted,
the new captive nut is recessed a bit. But since they're lost, I have no
starting point for figuring out how long to cut the new spacers (they
need to be 3/16 longer than the originals, but ????)

My question is, how long should the spacer be to work with the rear
overriders currently shipping?

My second question is, when did they change the rear overrider, to make
it call for the longer top bolt and spacer?

Bill Kelly
'62 Herald, home at last
'68 TR250