TR4 wheels & tires

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 wheels & tires
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 22:57:38 -0700 (PDT)
OK, I took my rim to the tire guy and have decided it's a 4" rim.  So I
have a crossroads here, of sorts:

-I can get 1 more 4" rim and put new 165SR15s on the car.  This way I will
only need to buy 2 right away (and align the front end!!), and 2 soon
after (all 4 tires are cracked slightly due to sitting)

-I can knuckle down and buy a set of TR6 rims - 5.5" (?) and use 185SR15
tires.  I'll need to buy 4 tires too, but I don't mind.

My question is: do the 185 tires on 5.5" rims have the same rolling
diameter as 165 tires on 4" rims?  Or close?  I'd kinda like my speedo to
be accurate.

-Malcolm
'62 TR4 no top, no boots, soon to undergo surgery