Slave Cyl revisited

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Slave Cyl revisited
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 21:35:53 -0700
Here is the latest on the clutch disengagement problems on my 79 Spit.
I bought a rebuild kit for the slave and master cylinders.  Upon
removing the dust boot from the master, I noticed the clevis pin and
hole in pedal lever very worn.  In fact, between the two, there was
about 1/8" loss of action against the piston in the master cylinder.

I removed the pedal, welded shut the hole, and redrilled it aft of
original center, giving a much better action.  Upon fitting a new clevis
pin, I tested the operation.  The friction point was raised from the
floor to about midway up on the pedal throw.  All for just relocating
the pivot center.  Amazing how the little changes have great effects.

I still have not installed the kits.  And I still do not know why the
fluid runs out of its own accord from time to time (seemingly to have
nothing to do with operation, as it occurrs when the car just sits over
night).

Dunno.
--
Brian W. Neuschwander