Re: hardy MGB driver

To: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas01@snet.net>
Subject: Re: hardy MGB driver
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 17:25:28 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

    Peter> If hauling is the only legitimate excuse, truck people should
    Peter> by mini vans.  Far more utilitarian.  Except for stuff that
    Peter> is loaded with a pay loader, a mini van can carry almost
    Peter> anything a truck can.  They can also carry more people (7
    Peter> compared to 3).  Most importantly, you can live in it when
    Peter> you LBC costs prevent you from paying rent.  It's just not as
    Peter> macho as a truck.

Nah, I'd be worried about getting that greasy too.  It's really
the "WTF, it's only a truck" thing.  The only other vehicle I've
been looking at is a full-size cargo van.  That works.

    Peter> SUV's are for people who need a station wagon but are to
    Peter> embarrassed to be seen in one.  Again, a mini van is more
    Peter> utilitarian.

As I've said recently (and been quoted nationally <ahem>) SUV's are
minivans for people who can afford $15K of denial.  I agree.
Nonetheless, I'd rather own a Range Rover than an Astro.  I just can't
afford either.
                                                                -MM