Re: Distributor Lube

To: "INTERNET:jbonina@nectech.com" <jbonina@nectech.com>
Subject: Re: Distributor Lube
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 20:56:17 -0400
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Jeff,

        RE:"I'm very interested in your Ignitor installation; especially
the
     timing AFTER the install. I'm having a hard time finding the correct
     timing."

        I plan to get things back together tomorrow morning, and I'll be
happy to let you know how it went. I took the distributor out because I
wanted to spin the rotor after the installation to make sure it wasn't
binding or interfering with the Ignitor unit. One thing led to another, and
I wound up disassembling and cleaning the whole distributor right down to
the weights. "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing" is tattooed on my
forearms. I plan to use moly-graphite engine assembly lube when I put it
back together.

        Before I pulled the dizzy, I disconnected the vacuum retard and
checked that my static timing was about 10 deg BTDC (using a test lamp and
turning the engine slowly by hand). This will be my target for the initial
setup with the Ignitor. What sort of problems are you having?

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L