Re: Squeaking poly-bushings - cure?

To: ingate@shiseis.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Squeaking poly-bushings - cure?
From: Bristol7 <Bristol7@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 22:08:44 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-06 13:19:00 EDT, ingate@shiseis.com writes:

<<      The bushings for the Pantera were quite interesting, in that
 channeled grooves were cut lengthwise on the inside of the poly
 bushing, so that grease would lubricate the inner steel sleeve.
 A common Pantera-owner cure for the squeaks is to drill a hole in
 the A-arm sleeve and insert a zerk fitting so that grease may be
 forced between the two halves of the bushing, and into the channels.
 So we inserted zerk fittings onto the A-arms, and hopefully I wont hear
 any squeaks. >>

Shane, how can you hear squeaky bushings with that big, fat Cleveland
howling right behind your head? Just curious.

Best Regards,

Kirk Yonker
80 TR7 DHC
81 TR8 DHC Fi