chrome (resolution)

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: chrome (resolution)
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 18:14:34 -0700
Listers,

I posted the original question (how to remove paint overspray from
chrome bumpers). Honestly, I never thought it would turn out to be such
a popular topic!

As it turned out I successfully removed the overspray from my bumper
today. I used acetone on a soft cloth (an old sock actually). It removed
the paint and (seemingly) left the chrome alone. Never had to resort to
any polishing as it turned out. (Although I did use some bug remover to
"polish" up the spot which gets the exhaust deposit - that cleaned up
real nice and I went light on the polish lest it thin the chrome layer
too much).

I am grateful for all the suggestions from everyone. Thanks!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada