Re: TR4A Distributor Question

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4A Distributor Question
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:39:58 +0500 (EST)
Cc: The Browns <thebrown@scci.net>
Just so there is no further confusion (for which I apologize):

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998 D. Brown wrote:

> I just bought a TR4A frame and engine plus a lot of parts from a fellow who
> after 10 years decided not to rebuild the car.  He disposed of the body
> because it was badly rusted.  He is my question:  The distributor is Lucas
> model without any vacuum advance.  The only numbers are 23D4 and 40819K.
> Any ideas about what it is or how it could work on this Engine SN CT72857E?
> D. Brown

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, having at the time lost the original post, I replied
to the list:

> According to my Lucas catalog, that distributor fits a 1963-69 Austin
> Mini Cooper S. Probably not quite suitable for the TR motor, but it might
> be worth something to a Cooper S enthusiast?

Thanks to the digest, I again have a copy of the original post, from "The
Browns." I don't have the distributor; they do! All I have is a Lucas
catalogue that happened to reference the distributor. ;-)

--Andy