RE: installing new TR3 sill

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: installing new TR3 sill
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:34:54 -0000

> ----------

Don't even think of putting PU-foam in there, even if no water gets
sprayed onm it, there is always air humidity and PU is ideal for keeping
it long in there, result, obviously rotting sills. Nice one if you have
to replace them cutiing into PU with an angle grinder is pure fun. I
bought a JAG XJ6S1 that had PU filled sills, it had pu in more places
than that and the bloke said he did it as sound proofing. The car is now
in Jag heaven...
Gernot