Re: installing new TR3 sill

To: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Subject: Re: installing new TR3 sill
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:23:56 -0800
Cc: triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Roger,
I wish I'd thought of that.  But it's too late for me now.

However, I had thought of the possibility of shooting some polyurethane
insullating foam into the void and filling up the gap.  I didn't because
I had no idea what sort of effect the chemical would have on the metal.
Also I wondered what the effect of removing the void would be on the
accumulation of water in other places.  But it was a Thought that
crossed my mind.

I really don't worry so much about it now because the car is rarely
exposed to water.  When I wash it, I am careful not to spray anywhere
that woule get water into those sills.  And I NEVER drive it in the
rain.  Well, almost never,  here in the Northwest, one never knows for
sure when that might happen.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--