Tr-3 Heater

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tr-3 Heater
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 12:37:59 -0500
My TR-3B has the standard factory option heater.  Last fall, the heater fan
suddenly started making a loud, screeching noise.  I shut it off and froze
the rest of a 200 mile trip in October.  (Top down, of course.)  I am about
to take the heater out of the car and put it on the bench.  Has anyone had
this happen?  Perhaps it's something easy like the mounting screws
loosening and the fan rubbing against the body of the heater.  The
distributors don't seem to list a replacement motor, if I have to replace
it.  I have a 12vdc 4-3/4 X 4-3/4 inch "muffin fan" that I could use.  Any
comments from anybody?

Sumner Weisman
Framingham, Mass.