Re: Fwd: Triumph prices

To: daveb@bbs.tsf.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Triumph prices
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 20:55:57 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
(SNIP)
>        I have a 1975 triumph 1500 that is currently in pieces, needs brakes
>suspension engine and body work.... It currently is owned by my wife who
>says if I want it I have to pay for it.  Well what would fair market be
>on this former gem?
>
>Help:
>
>Dave Burrows
Dave-
check out the Buyers' Guides section at the VTR web site (www.vtr.org),
Spitfires are common, I'd say one in pieces, at least a "square tail" (no
personal judgement here, mine is a sqaure tail and I love it) must
certainly be worth less than $500, given the work it needs, probably no
more than $200
good luck
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  VTR #11526  *Spit happens*
"I'll take him to the Jesuits for they know the sins of the Pope himself."
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt page 129 (my daughter attends a Jesuit High
School)