Re: MGB Distributor

To: bschwart@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: MGB Distributor
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 15:54:44 +0000
Cc: trevor boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have thaught up a way of converting any point based distributer to a
magnetic pick up distributer, provided you can find a magnetic pickup
distributer vacume advance / retard plate, with pickup coil, and
external
amp.  I need more time to produce some plans on how to make it, I have
not got all the issues resolved.

I am also trying to design a circuet and pickup, that it a direct
replacement for the points, hopfuly I can make it fit inside the
distributer,
the only problem is you need two wire, one to coil - and one to coil +
which
makes it abit non standad.

I think I might make these and sell them too support my final year at
Uni.
25 pounds each it my very rough estimat for the point replacemnt, whist
the
one where you need the pickup from another distributer I recon should be
about 5 -
10 pounds each.

I will if I do it give discount to people on the list :-)
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot