Smelly TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Smelly TR6
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 11:43:00 -0500
Hello all:
I have a problem with my 1971 TR6.  It puts out some real smelly exhaust
fumes.  I thought there was a leak in the exhaust allowing fumes into the
cabin, so I just put on a whole new exhaust system.  I'm still smelling the
fumes at this point.  It is so bad that my hair and clothes smell of "exhaust"
after I drive my little car.  It's probably unhealthful.
Any suggestions on what might be causing this?  There is no "blue smoke" or
anything like that.  At warm idle, the exhaust can't even be seen, so it is not
thick or smokey.  I just can't figure out the fumes!
Any help appreciated,
Sirmoog