Re: Seat rail lubrication

To: jbonina@nectech.com
Subject: Re: Seat rail lubrication
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 10:40:35 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Jeff,

>      Last, the mechanism that allows the seat to tilt forward isn't
>      holding the seat down; it can tilt forward at will. I think
>      this would be dangerous in an accident; I would be thrown
>      forward too easily; almost like an ejection seat in a jet. Are
>      those pieces of square metal bolted tot the top of the seat
>      rail the adjustments for the latches to grab onto?

The only question I might be able to answer would be about the
locking mechanism.  I had the same problem on my Spitfire.  What it
boiled down to was the read bar between the seat sliders was bend
down keeping the hook from catching.  I took a large cresent wrench
and gently twisted the piece back into positon.  Worked for me.

Bye the way, if you get any responses not posted to the list on the
rest of your questions I would really like to have them copied to me.

Thanks,.

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)