Re: Haynes TR6 Manual - Reprints?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Haynes TR6 Manual - Reprints?
From: "Andy" <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 13:14:12 -0500
My thought on this is that if they don't want to support the book, we should
be free to make copies. I'm sure the legal beagles here will disagree but it's
frustrating trying to find these things. I spent about 3 months finding mine,
phone calls and e-mails around the world, and sorry guys, but the most you
had to offer was "Did I try TRF"  :-) I also spoke to the Haynes guy and got
the same story they also pulp any copies they have left over.

Andy

On 03/06/98 11:43 AM John Duhart said...

>Hey All,
>

>    I just got off the phone with haynes.  What is was told is surprising.
>The
person clained that once a book is out of print Haynes does NOT keep the
information.  It is not possible for them to run more books once a manual
has been taken out of print.

>    I do find this hard to believe.  I called 1-800-4HAYNES to get this info.
Maybe someone else will call and get a different answer, who knows.

>Later,
>JHD IV
>

><<< Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>  3/ 6 11:11a >>>
>John Duhart wrote:
>>=20
>> Hey Guys,
>>=20
>>         Just called britbooks.  They said we wuould need to talk to Haynes
directly, and we would probably need an order of 5,000.  Does anyone know
if haynes has a WEB address?