Re: Haynes TR6 Manual - Reprints?

To: "Jim Hill" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Haynes TR6 Manual - Reprints?
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 09:49:07 +1000
At 2:21 AM +1000 6/3/98, Jim Hill wrote:

>It's obvious that there's a considerable demand for the Haynes
>TR250/TR6 manual, and properly so. It's also obvious that Haynes
>hasn't the slightest intention of reprinting it.

Do we KNOW that there will be no reprint?  Does anyone on the list have a
contact at Haynes?  Perhaps they just need to be told of the demand that
exists for a reprint.

There were over 100,000 of these vehicles produced, so there should be
about 20,000 left.  If 5% of those owners wanted a Haynes manual, that
would be 1000 copies.  I suspect that it would be more.

There is also a Brooklands manual for the TR6.  Is it any good?  It is
fairly expensive and I am not prepared to order it sight unseen, unless I
hear good reports about it.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U