RE: Spitfire Temp gauge (repeat)

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire Temp gauge (repeat)
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:17:29 +0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Atwell Haines wrote:

> At 10:07 PM 3/5/98 -0500, Andrew Mace wrote:
> >Just a silly thought, although one based on several past experiences: why
> >not just buy a new sender...I've had several senders go. Consider the value
>of the time
> >you spend diagnosing the sender itself....
> >
> Thanks Andy.
>
> ...Part of the fun of my LBC is the "rigorous testing" thing.   Once I
> become knowledgeable enough, _I_ could be the next Dan Masters!!!!  :>/

A worthy goal to be sure. And, hey, I readily admit that I did just such
troubleshooting way back when I was a poor college student, yadda,
yadda. It IS how we learn.

> PS, did your Smiths senders go as suddenly as mine?

Yes. Worst, though, was not any of the temp. senders, but the oil pressure
light sender on my GT6+. Talk about being scared (of impending engine
doom, etc.) when that light came on suddenly. But an oil pressure gauge
eliminated that worry from then on....

--Andy