Re: Re[2]: dash

To: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: dash
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 10:31:23 -0800 (PST)
Cc: jbonina@nectech.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, ArthurK101 wrote:

> > On the TR4 I had to remove:
> > steering column & associated wiring
> >     all gauges & "  "  "
> >     radio
> >     some very tight bolts on the sides
> >     not much else
>
> Malcolm, why the steering column?  The original wood dash is cut around the
> column and open on the bottom.  Also there are only 5 or 6 chrome-headed
> screws holding the wood in place once all the guages are out.  Cheers.

D'oh!!!  I neglected to mention that I have an original METAL dash.  It
doesn't have the convenient cutout like the wood one.  However, applying
veneer to metal is very similar to applying on wood.  I think I got too
carried away in describing the finishing.

Also I have to get the lower column mount bracket welded to get rid of
wobblies in the steering column.  It is broken on one side; can't be fixed
with the column in.

-Malcolm