Re: Coker Tire

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Coker Tire
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 08:29:16 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Andy,

> Just curious, Brad. What kind of tire did you order for the Spit?

WhenI first bought my spitfire in 87, it had been sitting so long
that the tires were rotted and wouldn't hold air.  So I had to make a
choice of buying 4 used tires or 4 new tires.  I opted for  new tires
and picked up 4 Michelin XZX SR155-13 radials.  I had always planned
on going back and buying a 5th for a spare.  But time and job change
which took me overseas kept me from doing that.  So when I finally
started back on the car a couple months ago I realized I need a spare
tire still.  I couldn't locate one any where so I posted a note to
the list asking what tires were their preference.  I was thinking
about replacing the 4 with 5 tires I could buy all at the same time.
I kept putting off the decision until I saw someones mention of Coker
tires.  I e-mailed a query to them.  Took a few days for the response
but once they contacted me things moved REAL fast.

Sorry about the long winded response but I bough one Michelin XZX
SR155-13 radial.

I just felt that to justify that particular tire I had to show my
reasoning!!!

Hope this makes sense.

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)