Wire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wire
From: Craig Smith <smi2685@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 22:17:36 -0500
In order to pay for my "toy" I sell wire and cable.  This is not an
advertizement but another source added to the list for information.

I sell over $4,000,000.00 dollars worth of wire and cable a year, I am
not trying to add to the total by listing here. I feel there is a need
for a "wire" Guru, and I'm it.

There are at the present (in the US) the folowing classificatons of
automotive wire:
GPT rated @ 90c         SAE J1127
SXL rated @ 125c        SAE J1128
GXL rated @ 125c        SAE J1128
TXL rated @ 125c        SAE J1128
Battery cable with the size of 6 and above is:

SGT rated at 90c
SGX rated @ 125c

The difference in the call outs are in the wall thickness of the
insulation and Temp rating,

I do this as a living and try to know all the apps. and specs. for
automotive wiring.

I offer a source for technical info. for wiring of our beloved cars and
hope to hear from anyone that might need a source.

I can send catalouges through the mail if you would like to have one,
these are offered as a resource material and not as an inducement to
purchase.

Craig Smith
smi2685@ibm.net