Re: TR6 Wheel Offset/Weight

To: Jim Hill <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 Wheel Offset/Weight
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 21:54:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Jim Hill wrote:

> Could someone on the list e-mail me the factory stock offset for
> TR6 15" x 5.5" stock steel wheels? And, if you have the
> information handy, the weight of a stock steel wheel?
>
> My car and all its wheels are 100 miles away and I'm trying to
> figure out the correct offset for aftermarket wheels. I didn't
> find this information in either the Bentley or Haynes manuals
> (note that I didn't FIND it - it may be hidden in there
> somewhere!)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Hill
> Madison WI

Jim,

    Sorry about the delay, but here is a post I've saved on file.
it dosen't list the weight, but send a letter to Dan Masters, and
maybe he knows that too.

                                        JOE IV
                                        TR 250
                                       WALLINGFORD, CT USA
From:
        Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
                                                            5/28/97 21:44

 Subject:
        TR 6 Wheel, Offset & Bolt Pattern Specs
     To:
        Sholtes

On Fri. May, 23, 1997, Dan Masters <DANMAS@aol.com> wrote:

>  (1) What are the specs for the rims: offset and bolt placement?

Lars:

Offset:              3/4" positive
Backspacing:    3 1/2"
Bolt circle:        4 1/2"