Re: Connecticut Emissions

To: Bob Danielson <rdaniels@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Connecticut Emissions
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 21:24:41 +0000
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Bob Danielson wrote:(Snip)

> Connecticut Listers,
> I just had the "wonderful" experience of bringing my 75 TR6 through the NEW
> emissions program....

Bob: Why do they bother to test stuff that old? Probably want the $
generated by the fees! Next door to you, in Rhode Island, we're going to
get this rolling road style of emission checks next year. Not that any
one around here wanted it, but when the EPA threatens to yank all of the
Federal highway money, the politico's snap to attention. At least the
proposed tests have a  floating 25 year exemption, so any of you RI
Triumph folk can breath a sigh of relief. The 5 hour lines to get your
modern cars inspected, well thats a story for another time!