Re: Jag-u-war Racin' Green?

To: r-james@tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Jag-u-war Racin' Green?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 10:37:53 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 r-james@tamu.edu wrote:

> >For more British content, you may want to use Jaguar Racing green.  It's
> >metallic and probably the same shade as Emerald green, but you can boast
> >it's for a jahg-wire.
>
> Malcolm:  Any chance you can get me a paint code/brand for this color?

I wish I could.  The PO had the car painted and I tried to get the codes
from the shop, but it had changed hands and the new manager didn't keep
the old records.

When the car runs I may stop in there and see if I can jog someone's
memory.

You will have to do a bit of sleuthing to find the paint.  I think it's a
laquer (it chips easily!), but I can't tell for sure.

If anyone out there knows how to identify types of paint, I will be able
to get the number, I know the place where the raw paint was purchased, but
there is 5 or 6 different mixes of paint!  They all give a similar shade
of JRG but work differently in your spray gun.

I suggest going to a paint store and asking to see their chip catalog.
Then you can use whichever kind of paint is best for your car (laquer,
enamel, etc)

-Malcolm